Can I chill cookie dough overnight?

My linzer cookie recipe suggests I chill the dough for at least two hours. If I leave the dough in the fridge overnight, will this be a problem when it's time to bake?

asked by pinaycusinera over 6 years ago

Hilarybee

What kind of dough is this?

If sugar cookie, chocolate chip, molasses, etc. Absolutely! And I would argue this is highly desirable. I like to give most of my doughs a nice long sit before baking. Usually at least eight hours.
I find very thin cookie batter, like for pizzelle cookies, some vegan cookies should be used right away.

pinaycusinera

Thank you!

It shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure to bring the dough up to room temperature (I'd use a probe thermometer) before you start to work with it. I would do that even if it were chilled for only the 2 hour period you mentioned.