A question about a recipe: Airy Rosemary Citrus Pignole Bread Pudding

I have a question about step 8 on the recipe "Airy Rosemary Citrus Pignole Bread Pudding" from gabrielaskitchen. It says:

"Place the baking pan into a larger pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the outer pan to come halfway up the sides of the pan containing the bread pudding. "Can I make this bread pudding two days ahead of time? I need it for Christmas day but I am in charge of all the desserts, 3 of them, and was looking for some do-aheads. Thought the bread pudding would do nicely.

• Posted by: Reesa
  • December 22, 2011

Amanda Hesser December 22, 2011

This bread pudding gets a layer of custard on the bottom (which is really good, btw!). I'd recommend making it up to 2 days ahead. Let it cool. Cover and chill it. Before serving, let it come fully to room temperature, then broil it lightly to crisp the top again.

am
am November 27, 2013

Thanks for forwarding this answer, I had already seen it.
Ideally I would leave the baking to the day of the event so that the pudding isn't heated twice. Bad idea or great idea?