🔕 🔔

Bread and Butter Stuffing with Fresh Sage

Hello. Has anyone tried David Rosengarten's "Bread and Butter Stuffing with Fresh Sage?" It's in the Dean & Deluca Cookbook. Thanks!

asked by dickensthedog almost 6 years ago

Sorry no one has commented. I've never seen it before now and while it sounds outrageous, I'd try it. The sources are reliable. Did you have a particular question? http://www.deandeluca.com...

I found a mention of the same recipe, only calling for 1-1/2 sticks of butter, however, it says 'adapted; from
http://www.amazingribs...

Mark Bittman published James Beard's stuffing which has the same ratio of bread to butter (insane)
http://dinersjournal.blogs...

It's the butter ratio I am nervous about... Thanks very much for the links. I think that I will indeed try it. I agree that the sources are indeed reliable.

I'd try it. Remember, that is a large amount of stuffing, serves 18. That breaks down to 2-1/2 Tbsp butter per serving (200 cal, just don't tell anyone) Please come back and let us know, I'm very curious.

I'll be sure to report back :) Truth be told, I have never been afraid of butter. My family reminds me of the time I tallied the butter used for a Thanksgiving meal, and it came out to one stick per person, hahahahha....

P.S. I can't believe that I only just now found this site. What kindred souls you are!

The stuffing was a great success. I made it outside the turkey as the recipe suggests, and it was moist and tender throughout with excellent flavor. It's a keeper for sure!

Thanks for the report, I'm saving for later.

You are very welcome.