Stuffing! I bought seasoned Pepperidge Farm dry stuffing. I forgot thyme and sage. I do have fresh rosemary, celery onion and mushrooms. What

asked by lisakkb over 5 years ago

Kenzi Wilbur
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

Is your question what to use? I'm not familiar with the packaged kind, but I would use whatever you have to help season it -- but only in the way of herbs and vegetables. I wouldn't add any salt .

lisakkb

Thank you very much!

Those herbs and aromatics will work just fine. But I actually like to rub the outside of the bird with olive oil and coarse salt. It helps to deliver a nice crispy skin.

bigpan

If there is no open grocery store nearby you can probably find a jar of commercial Poultry Seasoning at a 7-11.