🔕 🔔

Stuffing! I bought seasoned Pepperidge Farm dry stuffing. I forgot thyme and sage. I do have fresh rosemary, celery onion and mushrooms. What

asked by lisakkb about 5 years ago

5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

Is your question what to use? I'm not familiar with the packaged kind, but I would use whatever you have to help season it -- but only in the way of herbs and vegetables. I wouldn't add any salt .

Thank you very much!

Those herbs and aromatics will work just fine. But I actually like to rub the outside of the bird with olive oil and coarse salt. It helps to deliver a nice crispy skin.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

If there is no open grocery store nearby you can probably find a jar of commercial Poultry Seasoning at a 7-11.