🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Crispy Spice-Brined Pecans

2230f8ec 84bd 4dc5 b427 c896de7cf907  012511f 046

I have a question about the recipe "Crispy Spice-Brined Pecans" from AntoniaJames. I was thinking of making this recipe with Chinese 5 spice powder, but don't know how much to use--any suggestions?

asked by Sharonzell over 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Do you mean you'd like to add it in addition to the other spices or in place of? If the former, then I'd add 1/2 teaspoon. Chinese five spice powder often includes cinnamon and cloves, which are already called for in this recipe. Doesn't mean you shouldn't experiment with it but that's why I suggest just 1/2 teaspoon. If you leave out the cinnamon and clove, then I'd try 1 teaspoon five spice powder.