A question about a recipe: Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef

875786c1 6fea 4948 9c7d 5a1c0fe97483  food52 12 13 11 2956

My thermometer (with cord) can only withstand temps to 450..any suggestions of how to adjust cooking time for this lower temp? Roast is 4.5 lbs. Just need a rough estimate, thermometer will do the rest. Thanks very much!

asked by jott almost 7 years ago

I'd do it without the thermometer then and simply base it on weight. Don't want you to damage the thermometer!

Chef Lynchini

Where in the recipe does it say "insert thermometer"? You do not need a thermometer Silly Goose! Just simply follow the recipe chart directions and timing. Attempting to use a thermometer will just muck things up. Keep it simple....