🔕 🔔

Can I use simple syrup to make frosting?

I have a great kumquat-flavored simple syrup that I'd like to make into a simple icing for a cake. I have butter but I want to know if there's any tried & true way to use simple syrup to make icing.

asked by spuntino almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

A seven minute frosting which is like a swiss meringue buttercream. Instead of making the simple syrup just heat and use your kumquat syrup here is a link to Martha Stewarts recipe. I think it would be delicious!
http://www.marthastewart...

It doesn't use any butter so it differs from a traditional buttercream icing but its very light and fluffy and I imagine with the syrup you have it would be really nice.

281ae33b 7151 464a af77 f6d6444c9c7d  img 20151007 213502

The Williams Sonoma Cakes cookbook has a really nice buttercream recipe using simple syrup. It seems like you could use your kumquat flavoured simple syrup for this. Here's a recipe: http://www.thebakingpan...