opinions sought, wish to substitute farmers cheese for feta. i know taste different but more interested in texture issues.

looking for opinions on this idea and spices to use to give rustic mushroom/greens with feta fillo recipe.

asked by sheredel almost 7 years ago

As long as you don't care about the taste difference I think this will work. I like using farmers cheese and fromage blanc myself. As far as spices, it really depends on what greens you are using. Spinach? Thyme would complement the mushrooms.

ATG117

Texture wise, the substitution should be fine. Again, the taste will be quite different. As far as spices go, I'd stay simple with kosher salt, fresh black pepper, some gated nutmeg, and maybe a few red pepper flakes if you want a bit of heat.