Ideas for pickled pepperoncini?

I've got a HUGE jar of these things and aside from pizzas, salads and sandwiches any other suggested uses?

asked by riveramichael almost 7 years ago

You could stuff them with herbed goat cheese and serve them as appetizers.

nutcakes

Lydia Bastianich has a really great quick pasta sauce with onions and bacon, published in Fine Cooking Magazine. I've made this many times and it's excellent. You can freeze it too.
http://www.finecooking...

vvvanessa

I mince them up very fine and mix them into potato salad along with some of the brine. You could also mince them into pasta salads or grain salads. And I had a pizza the other day that had salami, olives, and slices of pepperoncini. It was a nice combination.

dancing kitchen

Picture: A slow cooker (crock pot), a gorgeous beef roast, onion soup mix (or saute a big onion), and a jar of pepperoncini. Sear the roast, mix all together including the pickled pepper juice and set on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. It makes a fabulous Italian beef sandwich. Serve with a great long bun and melt provolone over if desired.

nutcakes

Oh yes, that's a goody.

RobertaJ

I've made that Lidia Bastianich sauce several times myself, and it does rock. It's quite, quite excellent.

Another pasta dish I've made forever is this one, and it's dead-bang easy too boot.

In a large (12-inch) deep-sided saute pan, layer about 10-12 ounces dried short pasta, ilke penne or rigatoni. On top of that, layer slices of pepperoni, sliced pepperoncini and roasted red pepper strips. Fresh or dried rosemary is sprinkled all over that. Then pour 3&1/2 cups boiling water over the whole deal. Return to a boil. Let that cook, covered, for 10 or 12 minutes, or until the pasta is tender and most of the water is absorbed. Then, off heat, pour in a cup of heavy cream and add a cup of grated Parmesan. Tangy, spicy and filling. Not to mention very, very tasty.

JessicaBakes

chop them up with some jarred piquillo peppers and top a blander soup with this "relish." Especially good with cauliflower soup!

riveramichael

Thanks all- the beef stew concept sounds like a great call for this weekend! The relish concept is great too! I forget how much I spend on those anyways..

Kudos all!

Make a version of chicken scarperillo;sauteed chicken, sausages, peppers, maybe potatoes.