Looking for crab salad sandwich recipe

I bought some crab at Costco, and I would like to make a crab salad for a sandwich. I don't wan the usual mayonnaise base, though. Any ideas for an alternative? Thanks.

asked by Jocelyn Grayson about 6 years ago

mensaque

How about a nice mango chutney?

Greek Yogurt - here is a recipe to riff from.

2 cups cooked cooled crab meat,
1/2 cup of raisins or other dried fruit?
2 stalks of celery, diced?
1/8 teaspoon of sriracha sauce?
1/8 teaspoon sweet chili sauce (or a little sugar)?
1/8 teaspoon of paprika?
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste?
1/4 teaspoon pepper?1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice?
6 tablespoons tablespoons Greek Yogurt

Are you commited to the idea of a sandwich?

A Gulf Coast West Indies salad is great. http://www.food.com/recipe...
It's normally served on lettuce with saltines.
But if you're packing for lunch you could pack the wet salad in a small container another with some lettuce. And crackers or bread.
I put some cubed cumber in mine while it's resting overnight as it's really better the next day. or sometimes some re-hydrated Wakame seaweed.
I supposed you could use it in wrap or sandwich but it's very moist and would need to be assembled just before eating.

It's rather a food oddity as it came to Gulf Coast shortly after WWII, presumably by the resturant owner that was stationed in occupied Japan and influenced by the Sunomono salads.