What can I do with a jar of preserved lemons?

I would like to prepare something fabulous with a jar of preserved lemons other than chicken--any ideas?

asked by Cdel almost 7 years ago

Check this link to preserved lemon recipes here:

Lambs' Ears and Honey

Preserved lemons are magnificent in loads of things from tagines to salads to vegetable dishes.
I made a roasted vegetable couscous dish yesterday with sweet potato, carrots, potatoes & onions roasted with ras el hanout & olive oil, then tossed in steamed couscous with currants, the chopped rind of one preserved lemon and loads of chopped cilantro - gorgeous!

kitchengardener

How about a chicken tagine? the are excellent recipes in Paula Wolferts the Food of Morrocco.

bugbitten

Great answers! But don't forget to make yourself a Bloody Mary.

Lambs' Ears and Honey

Really like that last answer!!

Jain Silver

I make a pasta w canned tuna fish and chopped up preserved lemon