What can I do with a jar of preserved lemons?

I would like to prepare something fabulous with a jar of preserved lemons other than chicken--any ideas?

asked by Cdel almost 7 years ago

chefmargo

Add your preserved lemons to your favorite hummus recipe...you would then have fabulous hummus!

maryvelasquez

Moroccan chicken with olives on the food 52 site and in book one. I make it all the time and it is great.

Chicken or lamb tagine. And almost anything of Moroccan origin.

JuliaB

Definitely thinly sliced and added to a tagine. At a cooking class in Marrakech this is how we made it and it was amazingly delicious.

Or thinly diced and added to a potato salad, chicken salad, or mix into a salsa to top over baked or pan-fried fish.

nutcakes

Aside from a main dish, (think Lamb Tagine), I love the Moroccan Carrot Salad posted here on Food52 is really great and crave worthy: