Do I need to rinse the chicken before roasting? And do I season the pan with oil or anything?

698ee4e4 a585 4265 a959 4bdc3281d28f  2018 0321 roast chicken with mustard and grapes 3x2 ty mecham 026

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Roast Chicken with Mustard and Grapes" from lastnightsdinner. It says:

"Arrange the chicken in a cast iron skillet or other ovenproof pan. Place in the oven and roast for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 (remembering that the chicken will continue to cook as it rests)."

asked by foodynewty almost 7 years ago

No need to rinse the chicken or use oil in the pan (the chicken should release enough fat on its own -- but if you would feel more comfortable, you can rub a thin coating of oil in the pan).

foodynewty

Thank you! I trusted your recipe as it was and roasted it without rinsing. I did add just a bit of oil though. Excited to try this dish very soon.

lastnightsdinner

Amanda beat me to it :) No need to rinse or add any oil to the pan. Enjoy!