🔕 🔔

I have run out of kitchen twine and need to tie the legs of a chicken for roasting. Can I use a long piece of cheesecloth?

asked by Bogey Cornagie over 5 years ago

You could use a wooden skewer to weave through and tie it if the cheesecloth doesn't work. Good luck!

I would probably use dental floss instead.

maw

Dental floss. Or make a "twine" out of aluminum foil rolled tightly. Or florist wire

Sure, it would work just fine. I've even used thread in a pinch. A serious pinch. The objective is to bind, not necessarily what you use to bind.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I don't see why you couldn't cut a thin-ish strip of cheesecloth - maybe twist it to make it more string-like - as a sub for twine. Kind of clever, actually.