🔕 🔔

Question about kayb's recipe for Oven Barbecued Pork

I've had the meat marinating in the rub for about 36 hours....starting to cook it now. Two things are unclear:

1) in Step 3, the recipe says to combine the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan - but nothing about cooking it. I'm assuming it's meant to be simmered a few minutes? (The only mention of cooking is at the end of the recipe, if you want add'l sauce for serving.)

2) The ingredient list specifies 1/2 cup oil, but the recipe doesn't say what to do with it. Again, assuming it goes in the sauce?

Thanks!

asked almost 5 years ago

Until kayb comes along....I'd simmer the sauce for 15 minutes. I think the oil is part of the sauce--the recipes I've seen have oil (not that much usually) and it is listed along with the sauce ingredients. I might try 1/2 the oil and see what I think. Yum, I could go for some pulled pork.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Thanks, nutcakes. That's pretty much what I figured...and I also thought it sounded like a lot of oil. I'm halving the recipe overall, so I used a bit less than 1/4 c. So far, looking (and smelling) good!