🔕 🔔

Can evaporated milk be substituted for heavy cream in beef stroganoff

asked by Pamela731 almost 6 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I have always used sour cream. Low fat works too.

I've always used sour cream as well. Definitely a healthier option than heavy cream.

A7132580 ab6d 4637 9b1a ed4f3f514400  scplogoblog

In the same way that milk can be substituted for cream in many recipes, yes. What are you trying to achieve? Heavy cream is hard to beat in terms of taste and texture, it lends a velvety smoothness that can't really be replicated. But if all you have in your pantry is evaporated milk, go for it! No doubt, it will still taste good, and it will be better than adding nothing at all. I agree with the above posts too, sour cream is often cited instead of cream.