A question about a recipe: Luciana's Porchetta

Ca9caedd 6934 4f52 83f7 5d39d401d923  040610f 504

I have a question about the ingredient "chopped rosemary" on the recipe "Luciana's Porchetta" from Aliwaks. It doesn't specify whether this is fresh or dried rosemary…anybody tried this recipe? What did you use?

asked by bethgirl over 6 years ago

In the testing notes it says fresh rosemary.

bethgirl

Thanks! (Obviously, I didn't read far enough…)

No worries - one of the things I love about Food52 questions and answers.

I used fresh. This dish is FABulous. going to make it again very soon.

bethgirl

I picked up fresh at the Farmers' Market last night when I got my roast. Going to make the marinate tonight and cook this weekend. Glad to hear it's FABulous! I love fabulous!!! :-)

Andrew K

I put all the spices, including dried rosemary, in a spice grinder and pulsed for a couple seconds. Worked great! Also, I subbed bacon for the pancetta--not quite as elegant, but still tasty and helped provide a juicy roast.

Andrew K

bethgirl

I made this recipe this weekend, and it was delicious! I pulsed the spices in the food processor a bit…turned out just fine. It was a great roast…nice and juicy with delicious flar.