🔕 🔔

What wine do I pair with smoked almond stuffed dates wrapped in bacon?

Looking for a wine pairing for a dinner party, this is the opening appetizer, and my assignment from the hostess is to find a wine to pair with it. I've had recommendations for a crozes hermitage 100% syrah or sherry . . .thoughts?

asked by LauraBB over 5 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Sherry was was leaped into my mind. It would help if you knew the rest of the menu. I certainly wouldn't go with a red Rhone like the Crozes Hermitage if your next course is going to be oysters and Muscadet.

What's coming after the appys? and what wine will be served then?

Fino Sherry is what I thought when I read your thread title. And it makes a good aperitif, as well. A good one is pretty inexpensive, in addition.