🔕 🔔

What wine do I pair with smoked almond stuffed dates wrapped in bacon?

Looking for a wine pairing for a dinner party, this is the opening appetizer, and my assignment from the hostess is to find a wine to pair with it. I've had recommendations for a crozes hermitage 100% syrah or sherry . . .thoughts?

asked by LauraBB almost 6 years ago

Champagne or a decent dry-side domestic sparking would work nicely.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I agree - go with the Bubbly.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I had a really nice sparkling Rosé of Malbec called Reginato Mendoza that I think would work really well.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Although I would usually agree with champagne, the dates and bacon will destroy the taste of the bubbly. Go for a Pinot grigio instead, or if you want bubbles use a sparkling wine instead of champagne.