What wine do I pair with smoked almond stuffed dates wrapped in bacon?

Looking for a wine pairing for a dinner party, this is the opening appetizer, and my assignment from the hostess is to find a wine to pair with it. I've had recommendations for a crozes hermitage 100% syrah or sherry . . .thoughts?

asked by LauraBB almost 7 years ago

davidpdx

Champagne or a decent dry-side domestic sparking would work nicely.

Bevi

I agree - go with the Bubbly.

I had a really nice sparkling Rosé of Malbec called Reginato Mendoza that I think would work really well.

bigpan

Although I would usually agree with champagne, the dates and bacon will destroy the taste of the bubbly. Go for a Pinot grigio instead, or if you want bubbles use a sparkling wine instead of champagne.