🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Bisteeya Wontons

8b7e40ae 2208 4086 b011 b0e15c45c79d  bisteeya wontons

I have a question about the ingredient "¾ teaspoon ras el hanout, divided" on the recipe "Bisteeya Wontons" from hardlikearmour.
What is it and where do I find it?

asked by Kt4 almost 6 years ago

It is a Moroccan spice blend. You can find it in Middle Eastern markets or at Williams Sonoma.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Recipes are found easily on the internet -- this site looks good: http://www.theepicentre...
I'm sure you can simplify if you like. They're different, but Chinese 5 spice powder, Indian garam masala, or even apple/pumpkin pie spice could be a starting point, if they're on your shelf already.

385c6cdd ac2c 418d 8565 261692e2c3e9  img 0007
Kt4

Thank you both for the information! I didn't have any idea where to even start looking for this ingredient.

Susan g, that is a website i haven't come across yet. it looks quite informative and will be perusing it soon.

Cheers!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Work sometimes impinges on my food52 time! I got mine from World Spice Merchants in Seattle. https://www.worldspice...
Epicurious has a couple of recipes for it. I think susan g's suggestion of garam masala would be a pretty close match, and is easier to find.