Rolls for pulled pork

I need a recipe for soft, slightly sweet rolls for pulled pork sandwiches. Think potato or brioche like. But good and special. Thanks !

asked by chiaralucia almost 7 years ago

The screen froze the first time pardon me if this appears twice but these rolls are great have made them more times than I can count perfect for sandwiches or sliders. Slightly sweet soft and delicious.

ChrisBird

I use ciabatta rolls for this. Base recipe follows. http://seabirdskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/07/enough-of-bread-already.html

Instead of baking in loaves, bake 18 rolls from this recipe. It is wet, sloppy, sticky and hard to work with though!

Patty C

I always use the beautiful burger bun recipe from king arthur's website. it's really good and simple.

KimW

I love the smaller potato rolls. Not slider size but smaller then a hamburg bun.

I'm breaking with the crowd here. A perfect pulled (BBQ) type sandwich is super-processed white bread.
Oh yes, you can 'class it up' with a more artisan style bun. But for me, a BBQ pulled pork is on cheap white bread. With a pickle slice. The same goes for Sloppy Joes.

Okay, the ciabatta are good...as are Hawaiian bread rolls.