A question about a recipe: Melissa Clark's Really Easy Duck Confit

480e1723 2c92 4d23 b26c 3be67732fc5c  food52 01 24 12 0809

My duck legs are about a pound each, twice the size of the ones suggested in the recipe. Should I increase the oven cooking time? Recipe recommends 2 hours covered, one uncovered.

asked by nolongrecipes over 6 years ago

No, they'll have plenty of confiting time in the oven, but do note the recipe's recommendation in step 1 to adjust the spices by weight and give them a bit of extra curing time if you can.

nolongrecipes

Thanks, I made it yesterday and it came out fantastic. I did indeed increase the amount of spices and curing time.

Great! So glad you liked them.