What can I do with frozen asparagus?

I was going out of town and had a nice package of fresh asparagus in the fridge and did not want to throw it out so I tossed it in the freezer. What can I do with it now other than cream of asparagus soup?

asked by Mlc1977 over 6 years ago

Naina Lal

Defrost, cut into small pieces and saute quickly with some butter, onions, garlic, parsley, basil and walnuts and salt and pepper; and then fluff it in with some cooked Israeli cous-cous. Serve either warm or at room temperature. Hope you like it.

That sounds tasty, Naina Lal. I was going to suggest a stir fry. Be sure to DRY the asparagus pieces before sauteing, in any case.

I've made this recipe on the site and it was delicious! http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Naina Lal

Thanks ChefJune.....and yes, totally agree with you on drying the pieces before sauteing.