A question about a recipe: Swedish Cinnamon Buns (Kanelbulle)

4c1f14aa 26bf 4d1d a210 004ea1f736f6  img00301 20111118 1543 1

I have a question about the ingredient "Grams Live Yeast (For Sweet Dough)" on the recipe "Swedish Cinnamon Buns (Kanelbulle)" from ChefSteadfastMT.

asked by Nan almost 7 years ago

In many places it is very hard to find live yeast in mainstream sources, Here's a table to convert to the more commonly available active dry or instant yeast --
http://www.theartisan.net/convert_yeast_two.htm

ChefSteadfastMT

Live yeast is not the dried kind. You can use the dry version but live yeast I would say is much better. You just need to handle it with care especially when melting it because you could kill it and your dough wouldn't rise. Here in Sweden they are 2 types of yeast too. One kind for Sweet Breads like the buns in this case and another kind for normal breads. Hope that answers your question!!!