🔕 🔔

Have you tried any other whole grain flours? Non-gluten, maybe?

C90ca354 f976 41e5 aed5 7a10f9dec21a  a little zaftig coffee custard tart

I have a question about the ingredient "whole wheat pastry flour" on the recipe "Coffee Custard Tart" from ALittleZaftig.

asked by Patti Cake over 5 years ago

3453acc5 6dc9 4a37 aee3 6015bd27590a  profile pic

I haven't, i'm sorry. I have only done a bit of gluten-free baking, and none in the realm of pastry. I hope someone here will be able to offer some helpful advice. As a starting point, here's a gluten-free crust from Kate McDermott via The Gluten Free Girl and the Chef: http://glutenfreegirl.com...

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

you might want to go to the Homecooking board of chowhound.com
There have been a number of gluten-free threads. Also a number of websites for that topic.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

One alternative is to eliminate the crust, just make the custard, maybe with a sprinkle of expresso crystals on top. If you want a good crust, look through GF tart recipes on food52 -- http://www.food52.com/recipes.... There are many gifted GF bakers on this site.