Spring, meet grill pan—on sale for $99! Shop now »

Recipe for making bread without flour from wheat please? I'm looking for something gluten-free.

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 6 years ago

There a tons of GF bread recipes. Also, there are mixes that you can buy. I've been trying for years to find one that I like and can reliably make over and over again. It's hard. Mostly what I do these days is make a quick bread free-form focaccia bread. I experiment with flours, fats and binders, and put some herbs on top. GF recipes that use yeast, for me at least, wind up producing loaves that either have a giant bubble in the middle with no substance or drop flat to the bottom of the pan. So, I suggest trying a store mix first - like Bob's Red Mill - and then experimenting off of that.

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

This came up a couple months ago: http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...
The link betteirene gave is very interesting!
Good luck with your quest!

Cornbread! Surprisingly versatile-- sugar or no sugar, add cumin for SWestern, thyme to make excellent croutons... cheese... tastes great with peanut butter or mashed up with almond milk (a favorite breakfast of mine)