🔕 🔔

Ideas for using unflavored pop rocks in a savory dish?

I need to make a savory dish that uses unflavored pop rocks (which are still sweet, just unflavored) in some way. I was thinking it should be a dish with some heat, where the fire-crackery nature of the pop rocks wouldn't be out of place. My only thoughts so far are to mix them into the rice krispie/7 spice topping from the momofuku cookbook and use them to top off a braised and grilled skewer of pork belly, but I'd love any and all suggestions!

asked by arielleclementine over 5 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Fun!!! Here are some search results from Ideas In Food. http://blog.ideasinfood...

I'm really digging the savory pop rocks idea!! Or spicy pop rocks stuffed inside a chocolate truffle.....

We used to scatter them on the floor in grammar school and the nuns would step all over them. Good times.

3fdd943e 2b86 46c7 b573 b038b89b9d6f  henrykiss

thanks mrslarkin!! that's a cool site- i like the idea for making the sparkling salt! i think that works with the pork belly too!

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Just thinking about it, Pop Rocks should make any Thai dish more awesome. Playing off the limey, saltiness should be interesting.