The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »
🔕 🔔

soggy cheesecake

I baked a cheesecake yesterday for an hour at 350 and left it in the oven to cool down for 3-4 hours, the recipe I used said to leave it in the oven to cool down for 5-6 hours. I put tin foil over my cheesecake and put it in the refrigerator to finish setting. This morning I noticed my cheesecake had a soggy look to it and had water on the top. I didn't have a big enough pan for a water bath so I placed a pan with water below the cheesecake while cooking. I am not planning on serving the cheesecake for about 10 hours. I placed paper towels below the cheesecake in the refrigerator. Is there anything else I can do?

asked by Lauren 6 months ago
283aaeb7 c91c 4441 9375 ea3c70af8566  125tomato14

Top each slice with a mix of berries or seasonal fruit before serving, no one will know how it looked 'undressed'.

Fe30e51a 9e41 4007 93f5 f8b0a3545f25  fb avatar

Condensation is normal on cheesecake. In the future, do not cover it until it's cold through and through. Most pastry chefs dot the condensation with a paper towel, but I agree with BerryBaby - just garnishing your cheesecake will cover up "imperfections" you don't like.