Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

soggy cheesecake

I baked a cheesecake yesterday for an hour at 350 and left it in the oven to cool down for 3-4 hours, the recipe I used said to leave it in the oven to cool down for 5-6 hours. I put tin foil over my cheesecake and put it in the refrigerator to finish setting. This morning I noticed my cheesecake had a soggy look to it and had water on the top. I didn't have a big enough pan for a water bath so I placed a pan with water below the cheesecake while cooking. I am not planning on serving the cheesecake for about 10 hours. I placed paper towels below the cheesecake in the refrigerator. Is there anything else I can do?

asked by Lauren 3 months ago
50e6ebd3 b4c9 4d51 bd5e 1163afa4ba06  2013wreath

Top each slice with a mix of berries or seasonal fruit before serving, no one will know how it looked 'undressed'.

Fe30e51a 9e41 4007 93f5 f8b0a3545f25  fb avatar

Condensation is normal on cheesecake. In the future, do not cover it until it's cold through and through. Most pastry chefs dot the condensation with a paper towel, but I agree with BerryBaby - just garnishing your cheesecake will cover up "imperfections" you don't like.