soggy cheesecake

I baked a cheesecake yesterday for an hour at 350 and left it in the oven to cool down for 3-4 hours, the recipe I used said to leave it in the oven to cool down for 5-6 hours. I put tin foil over my cheesecake and put it in the refrigerator to finish setting. This morning I noticed my cheesecake had a soggy look to it and had water on the top. I didn't have a big enough pan for a water bath so I placed a pan with water below the cheesecake while cooking. I am not planning on serving the cheesecake for about 10 hours. I placed paper towels below the cheesecake in the refrigerator. Is there anything else I can do?

• Posted by: Lauren
  • September 17, 2016

BerryBaby September 18, 2016

Top each slice with a mix of berries or seasonal fruit before serving, no one will know how it looked 'undressed'.

Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon September 19, 2016

Condensation is normal on cheesecake. In the future, do not cover it until it's cold through and through. Most pastry chefs dot the condensation with a paper towel, but I agree with BerryBaby - just garnishing your cheesecake will cover up "imperfections" you don't like.