🔕 🔔

I'm making fried chicken for the first time and I can't keep my oil hit enough!!! Help!!! Why??

asked by Abbe,Lind almost 6 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Your probably over crowding the pan. Best to it in batches, which is admittedly a pain.
If you've already launched. Well, the only thing you can do is just get the skin brown and crispy..and finish up in a 350 oven for about 20 mins.
What can happen is that coating cooks before the interior of the chicken is done--so the oven finish is your hope there.

Thanks! I have only been cooking a few pieces at a time but I guess it was too much anywsy

If you want to add appliance to your home. An electric skillet makes pretty good fried chicken, the style that's deep enough for oil, with a thermostat that keeps the temp steady.

I have a glass top stove and it's very, very hard to control temp for frying.