A question about a recipe: Grilled (or Broiled) Oysters with a Sriracha Lime Butter

3877c309 778f 4e70 af32 50635cdb0997  020210f 0904

I have a question about the ingredient "Sriracha" on the recipe "Grilled (or Broiled) Oysters with a Sriracha Lime Butter" from melissav.

asked by Peter Olson over 6 years ago

Sriracha is a hot sauce -- if you can't find it, you can substitute Tabasco or any other hot sauce you like.

Mr_Vittles

Sriracha is an amazing "discovery" in the last few year. Its a South East Asian condiment, that contains hot chili pepper, vinegar, sugar, and garlic. I think it is not very spicy, but that is just me. I think it plays well with many Western foods, especially eggs and tomato sauce. And like Amanda said, Tabasco or Frank's will work if you can't find it, just know their consistency is a lot more loose than Sriracha.