What is a tasty yet easy way to make salmon?

What side dishes best match with this meal?

• Posted by: Ness
  • February 14, 2012

Voted the Best Reply!

linzarella
linzarella February 14, 2012

Slow roasted salmon is great, because there is very little risk of overcooking, and you can serve it cold, at room temperature, or right out of the oven. Put some salt, pepper, olive oil or creme fraiche on the salmon, and roast at 250 or 275 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.

Mr_Vittles
Mr_Vittles February 14, 2012

Pan sauted/fried. Heat cast iron pan on medium high for 5 minutes, dry. Add grape seed oil. Salmon filet, season with salt and pepper. Wondra flour season with salt. Slash skin lightly a few times. Drop skin side in the Wondra flour. Dust off skin. Add to hot pan. Hold down with fingers (prevents curling). Let go after 30 seconds. Cook for addition ninety seconds. Flip. Add knob of butter. Tilt pan. Spoon baste skin. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove. Rest for 5 minutes. Done. // Unilateral cooking is also easy and viable. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Hot cast iron pan same as before. Season skin and flesh. Add to hot pan, let cook for two minutes. Do not flip. Add to Hot oven. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Remove. Flip onto plate. Done. // Watch this method here: http://www.youtube.com...

Brain Health Kitchen
Brain Health Kitchen February 14, 2012

Get skin-on salmon steaks. Roll flesh side in Herbes de Provence with a pinch of dried orange peel and cloves. Sear in a hot frying pan in hot grapeseed oil until a crust forms. The herb crust should be nice and brown. Transfer to a rack placed over a sheet pan, and dot with butter. Finish in 375ºF oven for 5-10 minutes or until done to your liking. Can be seared ahead of time then finished in the oven before dinner....great for company.

Brain Health Kitchen
Brain Health Kitchen February 14, 2012

Oh and on the side: boil chunks of peeled celery root in milk and half of an onion; drain, add knob of butter and puree until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes; salt to taste.

SKK February 14, 2012

The recipes and recommendations above are wonderful. And please get caught salmon and not farmed salmon. Aside from not being healthy, farmed salmon are mushy and don't have the flavor.
http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx?fid=133

foidivin
foidivin February 14, 2012

Mix together creme fraiche, grain mustard, lemon juice. Top salmon with the skin side down. Broil till slightly brown and salmon is cooked. YUM and healthy:)

allans
allans February 14, 2012

Use wild caught, not farm raised for the best flavor. This recipe is from an Atkins book, passed on to me. Easy and tasty.
1/4 c macadamia nuts
1/4 c fresh cilantro
4 T butter, divided - room temp
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 1/2 lb Salmon filet
Salt and pepper
1 T lemon juice
Heat oven to 450 degrees. In a food processor, process nuts and cilantro until finely chopped. Add 3 T butter and lemon rind. Pulse until combined.
Grease a jelly roll pan with remaining butter. Place salmon in pan, flesh side up. Season with salt and pepper. Rub cilantro/nut butter over flesh. Roast 11 to 15 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice. Yum!