What does "2 cups of Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced" mean?

Is that 2 cups of sliced Brussels sprouts or 2 cups of whole brussels sprouts, sliced?

asked by Nina Terrell almost 7 years ago

lloreen

When they are sliced, the pieces should fit in about 2 cups.

Christine

Since it says "2 cups Brussel sprouts, thinly sliced" instead of "2 cups thinly sliced Brussel sprouts", i would measure before slicing.

bigpan

If you don't have a recipe, sauté the sliced sprouts in olive oil and butter with bacon and onion ... a great side dish.

Panfusine

I'd say run enough Brussel sprouts through a mandoline and measure out 2 cups of the sliced shreds