🔕 🔔

Wild duck breasts - to brine or not to brine?

I have a pound of wild duck breasts (spoonbill, mallard, etc.) from a hunter friend. Should I brine the breasts before I sautee them? If so, what's a good brine. Was going to have a grand Marnier sauce. Thanks.

asked by DebJ almost 6 years ago

79fe99ab 9095 4d5b 9f2c 9611b8f93bba  food

The biggest issue is that you have different types of duck with quite different flavors. Mallards are considered "dabblers" they eat mostly grass grain and moss while spoonies are divers which dig around in the mud with that big "spoon" bill. Mallards taste great brined or not. Spoonies taste like mud.

I usually brine my wild duck.