The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

Are uncooked potatoes bad for you?

Potatoes that are not fully cooked. ie blanched potato sticks from the deep fryer.

asked by Hurley about 5 years ago
0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

They should be fine...they're not 'uncooked' of they've been blanched.

IMHO, stop worrying about little stuff for the diet. And undercooked potato won't poison you. It might not be tasty, and texture might be off. I'd be more worried about the oil they where blanched in. I'd rather have rendered porkfat or duck fat, or beef tallow than canola (which didn't exist before the 70's) and smells 'fishy' to me. No hydrogenated fat for the oil also, please.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Raw potatoes aren't really bad for you, unless they are green or sprouted. Some of the uncooked starch is not digestible. They also contain (primarily in the skin) some protease inhibitors which could interfere with digestion, so do peel them before you eat them.
http://www.utsandiego.com...