How long can I keep cookie dough in the fridge?

I made cookie dough a week ago and forgot to freeze it, can I still use it? I figured I can since cookie dough is sold in supermarkets and it's been there for a while.

• Posted by: Reen
  • February 20, 2012

Miranda Rake
Miranda Rake February 20, 2012

I would probably use it still, but I would be careful to bake the cookies all the way through just in case.

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby February 20, 2012

The cookie dough in the dairy case of your grocer has LOTS of preservatives in it....hence it is more "shelf stable"...but if it passes the "sniff test" I would assume the eggs and butter would be fine...did you add milk? That would be the ingredient I would worry about. Also, not sure about the length of time and the efficacy of the leavening ingredients. If you do go ahead and bake....please post your results.

softpunk
softpunk February 20, 2012

My whole family has kept cookie dough for up to 2 weeks in the fridge and none of us have had any problems despite doing this for years.

Reen
Reen February 20, 2012

Thank you, I'm going to bake them up, I'll let you know how they turn out!