🔕 🔔

What is a good replacement for 1/4 tsp mild rice vinegar?

I am making 6 gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins. Could I use cider vinegar, lemon juice, or opt it out?

asked by pema21 over 5 years ago

It is suck a small amount I would just leave it out but maybe substitute white wine vinegar.

Such. Sorry

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

It might be in there to add an acid to the baking soda to help the muffins rise. In that case, I'd use the same amount of lemon juice or white or apple cider vinegar. (Rice vinegar is probably used because it has such a mild taste, but you probably won't taste 1/4 teaspoon.)

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

Rice is gluten free. The rice wine vinegar shouldn't be a problem unless its not in your pantry!

In this case, I don't think I'd sub any vinegar other than Champagne vinegar. It's very mild.

Fe7a777a 0cb9 4520 b309 cc1ea77d9c84  dscf0037 2

I'd probably use apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. But, chocolate might cover up the flavor of even white wine vinegar. I've made a vegan chocolate cake with white wine vinegar and you really couldn't taste the vinegar at all.