What is a good replacement for 1/4 tsp mild rice vinegar?

I am making 6 gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins. Could I use cider vinegar, lemon juice, or opt it out?

asked by pema21 over 6 years ago

jmburns

It is suck a small amount I would just leave it out but maybe substitute white wine vinegar.

jmburns

Such. Sorry

It might be in there to add an acid to the baking soda to help the muffins rise. In that case, I'd use the same amount of lemon juice or white or apple cider vinegar. (Rice vinegar is probably used because it has such a mild taste, but you probably won't taste 1/4 teaspoon.)

lorigoldsby

Rice is gluten free. The rice wine vinegar shouldn't be a problem unless its not in your pantry!

In this case, I don't think I'd sub any vinegar other than Champagne vinegar. It's very mild.

withinseason

I'd probably use apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. But, chocolate might cover up the flavor of even white wine vinegar. I've made a vegan chocolate cake with white wine vinegar and you really couldn't taste the vinegar at all.