Cake frosting?

I made a 1, 2, 3, 4 cake and plan to fill it with lemon curd. Any suggestions on a frosting/topping?

asked by beijinggirl almost 7 years ago

Klweaver

I make a similar cake, and just use a vanilla buttercream with a little lemon juice in it.

Cristina Sciarra

Similar to Klweaver's suggestion, I like this frosting recipe: http://www.marthastewart...

POTATO

How about a frosting w/ coconut -- 7-minute frosting from the Joy of Cooking with some coconut -- or a marshmallow coconut frosting.

Raquelita

is the cake pretty? i'd melt some raspberry jam and pour it over like a glaze, then dust with powdered sugar and flower petals. or a mascarpone-whipped cream concoction (mascarpone's tang will play along nicely) if you're planning to get rid of it fairly quickly

Bevi

Gale Gand's Quick Buttercream: http://www.foodnetwork...