A question about a recipe: Chocolate Cake with a Hint of Pimente d'Espelette

4a7f6073 cc0d 11e5 a38a 3c15c2d2bb38  40 full

What size of cake pan do you recommend? (I don't see a size in the recipe.) Or would it work to divide the batter among ramekins? Looking forward to testing your recipe!

asked by EmilyC over 6 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

I would assume that "a cake pan" means a 9" inch cake pan with 1.5"-2" tall sides. You could certainly cook the batter in ramekins, but I would make sure to check them often while in the oven to prevent overbaking. The headnotes mention that it should still be a little molten inside after baking!

lauren

yes, i usually use a 9 or 10-inch metal cake pan with removable bottom. for ramekins, the time will probably be a bit less...