🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Cake with a Hint of Pimente d'Espelette

4a793314 cc0d 11e5 95d7 3c15c2d2bb38  39 full

What size of cake pan do you recommend? (I don't see a size in the recipe.) Or would it work to divide the batter among ramekins? Looking forward to testing your recipe!

asked by EmilyC over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

I would assume that "a cake pan" means a 9" inch cake pan with 1.5"-2" tall sides. You could certainly cook the batter in ramekins, but I would make sure to check them often while in the oven to prevent overbaking. The headnotes mention that it should still be a little molten inside after baking!

F598c58d 22b8 440b a3f0 71b13c7b0f48  pic

yes, i usually use a 9 or 10-inch metal cake pan with removable bottom. for ramekins, the time will probably be a bit less...