Would roasted red potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts be good together?

I'm roasting chicken too. Also the Brussels sprouts are frozen...

asked by foidivin over 6 years ago

Mr_Vittles

Consider using the two veggies, as your base for the chicken. That way, they will get coated in chicken schmaltz and fry up a bit in the oven. It is a slightly unconventional pairing of flavors, but it may yield tasty results.

nutcakes

I think it would be good. But they may be ready at different rates, so cut the potatoes small or slice them. Brussel sprouts roast pretty quickly at high heat. No experience with frozen ones, though.

Nina Terrell

They are delicious together, especially with a roasted chicken. If you have leftovers, a sunny side up egg on top would make a great breakfast. The frozen sprouts will roast up fine.

Ileana Morales Valentine

Yeah, I think they'd work just fine together. I'd make sure to cut the potatoes and sprouts about the same size, and I might parboil the potatoes.

passifloraedulis

I think they'd be fine! I like Mr. Vittles' idea a lot, but I would be concerned the vegetables would burn before the chicken is ready. I'd personally roast everything separately so I can achieve optimum crispiness/doneness for each.... and use the chicken drippings for gravy.