🔕 🔔

Would roasted red potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts be good together?

I'm roasting chicken too. Also the Brussels sprouts are frozen...

asked by foidivin over 5 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Consider using the two veggies, as your base for the chicken. That way, they will get coated in chicken schmaltz and fry up a bit in the oven. It is a slightly unconventional pairing of flavors, but it may yield tasty results.

I think it would be good. But they may be ready at different rates, so cut the potatoes small or slice them. Brussel sprouts roast pretty quickly at high heat. No experience with frozen ones, though.

They are delicious together, especially with a roasted chicken. If you have leftovers, a sunny side up egg on top would make a great breakfast. The frozen sprouts will roast up fine.

02bbf582 081c 406b b11e e82babee99e0  ileana oyster

Yeah, I think they'd work just fine together. I'd make sure to cut the potatoes and sprouts about the same size, and I might parboil the potatoes.

I think they'd be fine! I like Mr. Vittles' idea a lot, but I would be concerned the vegetables would burn before the chicken is ready. I'd personally roast everything separately so I can achieve optimum crispiness/doneness for each.... and use the chicken drippings for gravy.