🔕 🔔

Green apples & pears

I have quite a few of them and want to use them before they go bad. Any suggestions?

asked by foidivin over 5 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Ooh, I think its time for an apple & pear crisp!!!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

My grandma's original recipe used green, tart apples, and the instructions for the apple version are in the head notes.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Apple sauce, pear sauce --and I haven't tried combining them, but that sounds like a good idea too. I make it without added sugar, but that depends on how tart those apples are. Another wonderful touch is to put some orange juice or concentrate in while the fruit cooks.