🔕 🔔

How do you make Crin? It's traditional in Europe during Easter

asked by Pamela731 almost 6 years ago

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I think you will find what you are looking for with the spelling 'chrein.' I'm familiar with it as an essential part of the Passover seder -- ground horseradish preserved with vinegar, sometimes with beets (or fermented beet juice called rusell. Chrein is the Russian word for horseradish.
This article has recipes -- http://www.myjewishlearning...

Here's a recipe for Cwikla from food52, which mentions that it is used on the Easter table in Poland -- http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Kren is the Austrian word for horseradish and for a sauce made with horseradish. what is the dish that you have in mind?

My mother used to make a horseradish and
beet combination as part of our Easter feast. This was one of the several items that went in our traditional Easter basket that the family took to church the night before. My daughter is trying to replicate the feast.