🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Irish Brown Bread For Americans

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about the ingredient "buttermilk (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)" on the recipe "Irish Brown Bread For Americans" from sidthecat. -- The directions call for 3/4 cup buttermilk (double the amount in the ingredient list). What is the correct amount?

asked by susan g almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I think it's a typo and she meant to say 1/4 c buttermilk and then if needed stir in the other 2 tbs. I am not the author of the recipe but thats my take.

A brown soda bread recipe is posted on this site--I think I'd rather try that one in place of a recipe with typos.

Merrill's brown soda bread is featured the recipe looks really good and I plan on making that one next weekend also.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Now I see! it says 'slowly add the rest.' Not an omission, not a type, mea culpa.