The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: The Easiest Alfredo Sauce Ever - the cheese has clumped; is there a fix? or do i have to start over?

E76f3e34 af3e 4b14 8ce1 c57f38a23d23  alfredo2

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "The Easiest Alfredo Sauce Ever" from lastnightsdinner. It says:

"Melt the butter in the cream in a wide, heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, stirring or whisking often. When the butter is completely melted, add the cheese a little at a time, whisking or stirring after each addition. Continue cooking until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 20-25 minutes. Taste and add salt if needed. Toss with hot cooked pasta, adding a bit of the starchy pasta water to help it all come together. Serve in warmed pasta bowls, adding your choice of garnish, if desired. Pass additional grated cheese at the table."

asked by kinderae about 5 years ago
8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Checked the recipe and noticed you had several comments about how great the recipe is. Did you change anything? Did you whisk enough?

Not much help - I now know why it clumped, but no one has told how if I can repair it!!

You can try fixing it by mixing in a little more cream. OR, adding a little bit of acid (eg. lemon juice). One or the other, not both.