🔕 🔔

I want to make an interesting dessert that doesn't contain milk, soya or wheat, any ideas?

asked by @gothicKpenguin almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Pavlova -- the Australian meringue dessert. Any kind of sorbet or fruit granita.

Amanda got to me first - a pavolva's great and can be made ahead of time. This recipe's great and you can lose the whipped cream http://www.epicurious.com...

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

Bibingka, an Indian and Filipino dessert uses brown rice flour, eggs, and coconut. It does use butter usually, so I don't know if you'd have trouble with that.

I recently posted a Pear and Quince Brown Betty that could easily be made with a wheat free bread. Omit the butter, and sprinkle a bit of good apple cider on the top crust, lightly, with the sugar mixture . . . or use Earth Balance organic non-dairy spread, which I've used with success when adapting recipes to make them dairy-free. ;o)

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

Pears poached in wine. Can these folks have dark chocolate? Drizzle a bit over the pears.