🔕 🔔

Sunflower Seed Butter

Great video on making your own almond meal and butter. My question is would I use the same procedure to make sunflower seed butter? Secondly, a food science question. Does toasting (almonds, sunflower seeds, etc) remove some of the health benefits? Or maybe toast in the oven at lower temps...

asked by KristiW over 5 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Yes you can make sunflower seed butter. Sometimes I find I need to add just a touch of a neutral oil, and I like savory so I add some spices. You could also add a little agave or sweetener of your choice.

If you are adhering to a raw food diet, the theory is that heat over 118 F kills the enzymes in food. If not, then just do what tastes good to you.