🔕 🔔

What can I add to a Mexican fajita kit to get a better taste?

asked by @Geozza123 about 7 years ago

10e51050 649e 4a85 8af7 2b896997a1c4  image rcfbkcspubjytgbefpoq lrg

adobo

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Not sure what is in your kit but sauteed onions and bell pepper are key in addition to whatever meat you are cooking. Fresh lime juice and cilantro if it has a sauce that is blah?

9ae16185 c926 440b aee2 e06da25bf123  mlt yogateau 1

Agree with Sadassa _Ulna that lime juice and cilantro will help. If you're looking for dried spice suggestions, I'd go with a combination of cumin + oregano.

ody

If the kit comes with a spice packet, try toasting the spices briefly in a dry skillet before adding the other stuff. In addition to adobo, cumin, and oregano, I highly recommend coriander! (I make fajitas from scratch with equal parts cumin and coriander and a little paprika...)