A question about a recipe: One Pot Kale and Quinoa Pilaf

95e0cbd6 925c 4ae8 8bf4 5a1217c9e4ef  food52 04 17 12 6173

My boyfriend doesn't particularly like chevre, would a mild feta or some other moderately creamy cheese work? Suggestions?

asked by erinrae over 6 years ago

My husband doesn't like any of those cheeses, so I make this without cheese and crumble a little onto my portion if I want it. Feta definitely works.

Agreeing with drbabs, feta is good here.

If you go through the many comments to the recipe, you find a range of suggestions. Seems like one of those recipes that invites variation, with excellent results.

Tarragon

I also don't care for chevre and always use feta. Works great!

healthierkitchen

I have used Israeli feta, which is a little milder, in this many times and it's terrific!