I have a jar of pickled peppers but the taste of vinegar is too strong for my taste, could I put some water in the jar?

asked by @melifig over 6 years ago

Panfusine

Just read this in a Herve his book, 'adding sugar to vinegar makes it more palatable', you may try that approach to a portion of the pickles

Panfusine

I meant Herve This, the French authority on the science of cooking.

melissafig

Thanks! I would never have thought of that, will give it a try :)

Lizthechef

I would add honey - no issue with it dissolving.

Please be careful whenever you add water or anything else (like honey) to anything that's been canned or bottled. Eat it quickly, within a a couple of days max. The water (or whatever else) that you add is not sterilized and adding it to the vinegar may introduce microorganisms that would not be in that original solution (which has been heat processed to kill these bad bugs).

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris