Silver Palate's Chicken Marbella - just realized the wine and brown sugar don't go in the marinade, but rather sprinkle chicken w sugar.

Since I botched that part, do I need to go out to the store for more sugar in order to get some color on the skin? Run it under the broiler instead?

asked by Traci206 over 6 years ago

I'd just carry on. Run it under the broiler if you think it needs it at the end, but you'll probably be okay without it.

I've made this numerous times. In a pinch brush with honey or maple syrup under the broiler - great company dish!

like sLx, I've also made this recipe many times. I don't think it matters a bit. You can serve hot, cold or room temp. Great summer dish too for that reason.