A question about a recipe: Terence Hill's Beans

A4c43ca0 a80d 4821 ad14 0969f17cbd32  010519f 447

I have a question about the ingredient "pancetta rashers, sliced into ribbons" on the recipe "Terence Hill's Beans" from Marie Viljoen.

asked by braide22 over 6 years ago

Miranda Rake
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

Ooops! Looks like your question didn't make it - feel free to ask it in the comments!

usuba dashi

Rashers is the British word for slices . . . so I would take slices of pancetta (may have to unroll them) and cut into long julienne to make ribbons.

I agree with usuba dashi's comment and advice on technique. These days you can buy a whole rolled up hunk of pancetta or a thick slice as opposed to just those packets of ultra thin things.